Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life is moving on and I'm stuck on the internet

Just realized today that I'm supposed to leave for Noo Yawk (NY) in exactly 2 miserable weeks. I'm starving right now but I can't seem to tear myself away from the ever forbidden internet. Although I have been following this whole New Kids reunion like a celebrity stalker, I still cannot shake off the fact that life is still moving forward and I still have responsibilities, which brings me to the disdainful realization that I have traffic school to attend and I still have not signed up. It isn't that I've been forgetting about this particular thorn in my side but rather, I've chosen to believe that perhaps, by fate, somehow I will accidentally slip through the cracks. Yes, I know. Ridiculous. If the government wants their money, they will surely find their ruthless way to get it.

On a lighter note, I have recently gotten some highlights in my hair and I don't what if I did it because I was adamantly bored, because I wanted to look a few years younger, or because it was only $30 for 8 foil highlights. Ding ding ding! Obviously, it was reason #4: all of the above. Isn't that always the case? A woman, who feels that her appearance that is rather drab and unattractive will somehow find a way to make themselves seemingly happier, more vibrant, and full of energy. On my short note, I don't feel any of these characteristics, as a matter of factly, I feel quite the opposite, and I feel like consoling myself right now with a couple of soft-boiled eggs. BRB...

My my, those embryos are satisfying when they're runny, aren't they? Speaking of children, everyone continually asks me if I plan on having my own family. Seeing as I'm 31 and single, they are getting unanimously worried that I may live my life as a spinster. Honestly, is that really such a horrible life to live? Who says that a woman's life is only fulfilled through the agonizing pain of childbirth? I could always adopt if I wanted to. I imagine that the only reason I'm thinking about children is through my recent viewing of the movie "Baby Mama" starring the very funny & amazingly talented Tina Fey & Amy Poehler. I really love seeing them perform together. The movie was insignificant in my mind but I still enjoyed my 90 minutes of overdue saturday night live humor.

Anyway, I need to return to my sleuthing. The information highway is going at maximum speed and I need to catch up.

No comments: