Sunday, May 4, 2008

Counter Snobs

Took a meaningless trip to a store yesterday whose name I shall not mention due to liability reasons. It's a beauty product store in case you're curious. I went there to because I was in a desperate search(okay maybe more spending spree than desperate) for a serum to put on my hair since I recently got highlights & needed to take care of them. Hey, I gotta go to NY in less than two weeks! I need to blend in somehow and not wear scrunchies(Ref. to Sex & The City) and stick out like a sore thumb.

Anyway, as painful as it was for me to walk into this store, I went. Let me back up. Let me just say that I have paid this store a visit before and it isn't exactly the type of store you'd want to walk into unless you want to be judged by your out of style fashion sense, your untrendy hairdo, or your non-name brand shoes. The associates there have on hair styles where there is no hair out of place, perfectly placed false eyelashes, model-type makeup, and Naomi Campbell attitude. What ever happened to "friendly customer service?" I was in a dilemma whether to go there or not. However, being the rebel that I am and always rootin' the underdog, I styled my hair like the ever beautiful Jennifer Aniston and put on a raggedy t-shirt, ski pants, & my $20 tennis shoes and strolled right in.

Yah, I got the disapproving glances here and there but you know what? I relished in the fact that I would never want to trade places with any of these booji snobs for my business casual lifestyle. I'm just that down. Anyway, I made my purchase after 30 minutes of premature judgements from the employees and walked out. What a boring event. I did, however, enjoy staring in the the cashier's 1985 bright powder blue eyeshadow though. It was straight out of a Billy Idol video.

No comments: