Thursday, November 27, 2008

Los Angeles NKOTB Concert 11/26/08

What an incredible night. Tuesday night, after work, I start my drive out to LA for my last NKOTB concert...of 2008. ;) So many plans. Some Bay Area girls and I had made gift baskets for the New Kids and there were TONS of things in each basket-5 baskets in all. On the side, I had also made a scrapbook with tons of things in there that was personal and time-consuming. I arrived in LA at 3 AM and found a hotel room to stay at. In the morning, I met up with some friends to finish up the baskets. Some people had given us letters, notes and cards to put in the baskets as well so there was a lot of love inside these baskets.

When I arrived at the theater, the area where the 5* was supposed to meet was in the same place as where the guys would pull up when they came. So, a lot of people were there and it was very disorganized. I had my scrapbook along with my autographed "I♥NKOTB" license plate slipped inside because I wanted to be holding it in the 5* picture. When we get there, we were told that we couldn't bring gifts inside the building and I was devastated. We had to leave the baskets behind in the car. My friend brought a big bag with her and was able to fit the scrapbook in there so we took our chances to see if they would confiscate it. I've never had to walk through a metal detector at a New Kids concert before but whatever.

Once we got into the 5* pre party, I started to feel like jello because I was getting nervous. When the guys arrived, we screamed and yelled as usual. I knew this was going to be my last chance at trying to get a Donnie autograph on my arm for my long-awaited tattoo. I decided I was going to take my chances because Robo wasn't there and I felt like taking risks. I also told my friend to leave her bag on the table by the picture taking area so that I can grab it if I get the ok from a New Kid. We had planned on doing a little singing but once I got in there, I lost my shit. I saw Jon and knew that he was the one I wanted to talk to about the scrapbook because it was very important that I get it to them. I explained what it was and asked if I could give it to them and he said yes.

Then I went to Donnie and told him that I HAVE to get his autograph on my arm so I can get a tattoo and that I have been trying since the last LA concert. I told him I had a sharpie with me and if he'll just sign it, I'll be happy. He took the sharpie and signed my arm and I was ecstatic!!! Someone gave him a hat and he took off his hat and put it on my head. I didn't know it was his and I asked if it was his or if a fan gave it to him. He said it was his. Then he attempted to sign my arm at that moment but we had to take pictures. I turned around and let my friend stand in front of me because she wanted to be by him for the pic. I wanted to stand by Jon but by then, it was too late because Donnie wasn't letting me go because he kept trying to read my shirt. Then, he said it was the "best shirt in the world." Haha! Right. We snapped the first picture and for the 2nd one, I'm not sure but I think Donnie put his hat on my head but I dunno. If it's red, then it was his hat. I guess we'll see as soon as the ILAA pics come out.

After the pictures, I turned and he grabbed my sharpie and that's when he signed my arm. I couldn't believe it was happening!!!! Then, we went to get our tickets because they had to renumber the seats because they added some rows, they said. I got my tickets and it was in the pit, 2nd row, seat 318 - 319. I wasn't really sure where that was but whatever. They did the raffle and I didn't win anything. Then Donnie came out again and he started signing autographs. I had him sign my laminate on the front and the back.

Then, it was time to go to the concert. I went inside and they showed me my seat. It was the second row from the left side of the stage in the center section so it was cool. During the concert, Donnie winked and blew kisses at me which was nice. Reminded me of Sacramento's concert. He tried to look in my camera a few times but whenever it didn't come out, I'd let him know and he would look again. When I gave him a thumbs up, he winked. This was during DIBYM. He's such a sweetheart to make his fans feel so special. The concert was spectacular. The highlights: Donnie kissed Jon, we sang Happy Birthday to Jon at Cara's request, the B stage performance was held on the main stage and the guys ran through the audience and right by me, and Joe showed some body on the pose off so clearly he won.

After the concert, I went back to where we were before. There were tons of girls there. Jordan & Jon left first. Jordan hopped into a white van and Jon went into the van as well. When they came out, the girls bumrushed the security and they got overwhelmed. We grabbed the gift baskets with us and went with everyone too. After they left, security told us to get back. I didn't want to carry the baskets anymore so I put them on the floor and waited to see if the security would pick them up. They didn't and then a bunch of girls rushed to the baskets and took them. My friends and I had to grab them back from the people who took them. I didn't know where the other one went. I saw someone had one going down the stairs in the garage and when I got down there, my other friend had already approached her for the basket. We were devastated. My friend had already begun to cry because we had put so much work into the baskets and now, they weren't even going to get them.

Then, the most amazing thing happened. A woman who works for the New Kids had offered to help us get the baskets to them. What a nice lady. I wish we had gotten her name. She went in with them and eventually came back out and told us that she gave them to Donnie & Danny. Since the others had left, she didn't know what was going to happen to them. Then she took our picture and we wanted to take a pic with her too. It was all very nice. I couldn't believe there was actually someone nice on their team that would do that for us. I am very grateful to her. Everyone cheered when they found out they had gotten the baskets. I was relieved.

Afterwards, we decided to go eat. We saw a Denny's and parked. That's when I realized, "OH SNAP!!! My license plate was in the scrapbook!!!!"

No comments: