Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today reminds me of Tracy Peluso's NKOTB Hunt

Today was NKOTB's CD Listening Party!! One of the fans, Katie, got to go since she won a contest and she kept us all updated on what was going on. I'm excited to hear that they do read the responses to the blogs they put up on http://www.nkotb.com. Did I ever have any doubt? Of course not. Why wouldn't they want feedback? That's going to be a surefire way of knowing what the fans want! Those 5 geniuses have been running around in my mind all day long. Katie said that all the songs they played were uptempo and she liked Big Boy/Big Girl the most. I cannot wait to hear this album!! I've been waiting for it for soooooo long! Today, I pre-ordered 2 copies of the Deluxe version of The Block, their new album. It's a 2-disc album. So, now I have on pre-order, 2 copies of The Block, 2 copies of The Block Deluxe Version, and 2 copies of the Greatest Hits album...I think. I can't even keep track anymore!! Ah well, guess I'll just wait for my little surprises in the mail.

Katie also said that she got hugs from Joe and 2 kisses from Donnie. Wow. This time around, we relly have matured. I'm sure if this were to happen 20 years ago, whomever Donnie kissed would have been beaten up! Hahaha!! Can't believe the immaturity we went through back then. Of course, I was never a violent person, just have an ugly green monster called "jealousy" that would rear its head out every once in awhile. I spent all day waiting for updates on the party. Lately, my life is being consumed by this reunion and honestly, I couldn't be happier. I mean, yes, I'm still living my life, working, and I'm in the middle of a Bindlestiff production but at the same time, I feel like I'm living a double life: one that exists in the real world and one that thrives in the virtual world.

At night, I get suited up with my armor, ammunition, and rage and I go to youtube to the Summertime video from the user "universalmusicgroup" to fight my battles. The negative comments that catch my attention are the ones that hear my wrath. Of course, I am never mean, foul-mouthed, nor negative. I just tell them, plain & simple, that this reunion is for the fans and non-believers are not invited. Besides, what's the point of their negative commenting anyway? Who does that? Who goes out to look for a band they don't like, listen to a song they think sucks, and make the effort to come up with something impertinent to say?? Losers, that's who. I do this so often that I've had people come to my page and apologize to me! One person apologized to me twice!! I was pretty surprised I must say.

Anyway, next time you hear something dumb and you want to fight back, don't get to their low level and use foul language. Put them in their place with wit & candor. I often tell them to calm down because really, do they need to get so excited? No. No need at all. And if they get out of line, I will call them out. DO IT! You'll feel better! :)

2 comments:

Sandra Carvalho said...

Oh boy I just can't wait to hear their new album!I've already asked my hubby to buy it for me when released over here!
Take care buddy!

eye_lid said...

Geez, just 2 copies? Here I thought you'd buy the whole stock of CDs and create a parade float and come correct leading a caravan nationwide! Holla! ;P