Thursday, January 31, 2008

And who are you to judge?

Okay, I just need to address this really quickly. I've been reading up on the buzz about New Kids on the Block reunion and when people comment on the articles, it is from both good and foul mouth individuals. To the foul-mouth individuals, I just have a question. What the fuck is your problem? I don't understand why you can't let people have their enjoyment. The NKOTB meant something different to a lot of people. Now that they've decided to reunite, I don't see any reason to put them down about it. If a band like Sting broked up and got back together, would people really be talkin shit like this? Making comments that they will never make it? As if you're somebody special who is valid enough to make such a comment like that??! And what the hell is up with people commenting that they're not exactly "Kids" anymore and that they should change their name to Old Men on the Block? Hello!? What about Kid Rock? Or that movie The Heartbreak Kid? Or Kid n Play? I don't hear anyone saying they should change THEIR name. Cretins.

Their music was what I turned to during some low points in my life and excuse my lame ass for appreciating their voices and making me feel cradled when I needed to cry cuz you know what? Sometimes, you just have to cry! Sometimes, you wish you were back in time, living the simple life, enjoying simple pleasures, ignoring the problems that are yet to come as a adult. I don't see what's wrong with having them be associated with a time when life was simpler for all of us 30 somethings who had their music to love. What's wrong with loving a band? Have you never loved a band or been to a concert and enjoyed yourself? What, are you too cool now, huh? I'm sorry for this retarded rant but I'm raving about the thought of going to their long-awaited concert (finally) after my mom refused to let me go as a teenager.

sigh...

All I'm saying is, we ALL need to get away from our cruel realities once in awhile. If you don't want to, just let the rest of us enjoy it and keep your dirty mouth shut!

Assholes.

No comments: