Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dear Fan

In response to the Hannah Montana Body Double scandal.

Dear (ex)fan of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus, I hear that you are "furious" that Miley Cyrus uses a body double in order to change from Hannah to Miley. I know how you feel and am terribly sorry that you feel cheated because you're right. You paid a lot of money to see a great show and the use of a body double is completely unheard of in the world of entertainment. Artists are supposed to be able to change faster than the speed of light as if by Superman's standards since they are all magicians.

I'm sure all of Hannah Montana's fans did not know that she is really Miley Cyrus and that wig can really fool everyone. Boy was I shocked. I could not tell that Hannah is actually Miley even though they have the same face. I am such a fool. I've done theater work and I know that transitions can be quite complicated and must be done as accurate and as quick as possible but within reason. Have you ever thought about going into theater? Maybe you shouldn't since you may not have those magical genes that you seem to believe entertainers possess. I'm actually quite flattered that you believe entertainers have such aptitude but I have to let you in on a little secret. The magic that they do? They actually just create illusions. "I" to the "L" to the "Lusions." But apparently, you are having "D" to the "E" to the "Lusions."

Take the trick of sawing a woman in half. Did you know that there is a body double in the second half of the box? The body double sticks their feet out while the top half sticks their head out and voila! They are separated as if by magic but they are really two people. Just like Miley's body double is merely a solution to a difficult transition that she uses to create an illusion for you. Are you surprised? Have you fallen and can't get up? There is no reason to get irate. Maybe sometimes, we play the role of the fool ourselves or perhaps, you have blessedly inherited the idiot gene from the Almighty. I'm sure it will skip a generation and your mutant children will possess magical genes and they can change clothes, put on wigs and makeup in 1 second by freezing time.

Yours Truly,

Miss Ava

No comments: