Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm quite unrequited, thank you

I recently wrote this short play. The unrelenting topic of looovvvveeee. I cannot comprehend the exact reason why I chose to write about a topic that I obviously have no hint of a clue about but it's allright. I made it through. It took an anxious year but I finally got it done. This studio put on some play readings and while they read mine, I started to experience the inconvenient overemotional side of me when it came crawling out of its merciless hole. Because of this short play, I think my personality is being branded under the category "nerd" but no problem. I'm pretty proud to have that description attached to my resume. I was completely overwhelmed when a friend of mine asked if they could turn my script into a short film. I'm not sure if they will do it but they'll let me know. That was such an unexpected compliment.


I'm contemplating what my next script will be about. I think I'll try my hand at a little love-related dramedy. I know this topic is played out but I'm not ready to write about something amazing like "The life and times of a slow jam tape" or anything untouched like that. I'm sure that film would take up a lot of unnecessary money since there would be no doubt that I'd have to get a legal jargon-filled release form signed by has-been artists who will hoard after me for money like vultures. I think I will hesitantly pass.

I'm really annoyed at my weight because it causes me to have a warped interpretation of my self-image, which is essentially the underlying message of my script in the first place. It takes me to dark, unpleasant places I have chosen to ignore but have now surfaced as a public comical satire for all to behold and jarring my self-consciousness to protect my vulnerability. It wasn't necessarily my so-called life on paper but rather, it was my so-called vices creeping out of my fingertips. I hated those eventless nights where I would sit in front of the blaring television and my idle laptop, straining my brain on what the next line will be. When I revisit this journey during the revision, I'll remind myself to take some expired store brand aspirin.

No comments: